Terms & Conditions
This page, together with the documents referred to on it, tells you the terms and conditions (these Terms and Conditions) on which we supply any of the products (each a Product) listed on our website www.aliasmae.com (hereinafter referred to as "the Site") to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Products from the Site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. You should print a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference.
1. References to “we”, “us” or “our” are references to Alias Mae Pty Ltd ABN 62 151 995 372 of P.O. Box 741 Port Melbourne, VIC. 3207 trading as Alias Mae and its subsidiaries, associates and officers, unless otherwise stated.
2. These Terms and Conditions govern the supply by us of any Product ordered by you on the Site. By agreeing to order a Product, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. In these Terms and Conditions:
1. "Account" means the account that you will need to register for on the Site if you would like to submit an Order on the Site;
2. "Acknowledgement" means our acknowledgement of your Order by email;
3. "Breach of Duty" has the meaning given to it in clause 11.11(b) of these Terms and Conditions;
4. "Business Day" means a day which is neither (i) a Saturday or Sunday, nor (ii) a public holiday anywhere in Australia;
5. "Confirmation of Order" means our email to you, in which we accept your Order in accordance with clause 4.9 below;
6. "Contract" means your Order of a Product or Products in accordance with these Terms and Conditions which we accept in accordance with clause 4.9 below;
7. "Customer" means individual who places an Order on the Site;
8. "Liability" has the meaning given to it in clause 11.11(a) of these Terms and Conditions;
9. "Order" means the order submitted by you to the Site to purchase a Product from us;
10. "you" means the Customer who places an Order;
11. references to "clauses" are to clauses of these Terms and Conditions;
12. headings are for ease of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation or construction of the Terms and Conditions;
13. words imparting the singular shall include the plural and vice versa. Words imparting a gender shall include every gender and references to persons shall include an individual, company, corporation, firm or partnership;
14. references to "includes" or "including" or like words or expressions shall mean without limitation.
4. These Terms and Conditions are our copyrighted intellectual property. Use by third parties - even of extracts - for the commercial purposes of offering goods and/or services' is not permitted. Infringements may be subject to legal action.
2. Your Status
1. To place an order with Alias Mae you must be over 18 years of age or have permission by a parent or guardian and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us.
1. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all Orders and Contracts made or to be made by us for the sale and supply of Products. When you submit an Order to us, give any delivery instruction or accept delivery of the Products, this shall in any event constitute your unqualified acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects your statutory rights (including the right to insist that goods you buy from businesses must correspond with their description, be fit for their purpose and be of satisfactory quality).
2. These Terms and Conditions shall prevail over any separate terms put forward by you. Any conditions that you submit, propose or stipulate in whatever form and at whatever time, whether in writing, by email or orally, are expressly waived and excluded.
3. No other terms or changes to the Terms and Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing signed by us.
4. How a Contract is formed
1. When making an Order, you must follow the instructions on the Site as to how to make your Order and for making changes to your prospective Order before you submit it to the Site.
2. Irrespective of any previous price you have seen or heard, once you select a Product that you wish to Order, you will then be shown or told (on the Site) the charges you must pay including GST, if applicable, and any applicable delivery charges. Unless otherwise stipulated on the Site, all charges are in the currency then in force in Australia. Subject to clause 4.11 below, this is the total that you will pay for receipt of the ordered Product.
3. You shall pay for the Product in full at the time of ordering by supplying us with your credit or debit card details from a credit or debit card company acceptable to us or by SecurePay, which we require in order to process your Order. Alternatively, you may pay by any method that we have said is acceptable to us, but in any event we shall not be bound to supply before we have received cleared funds in full. Depending on the results of a credit check we reserve the right not to offer certain forms of payment and to refer you to our other forms of payment. Please note that we only accept payment by credit and debit cards where those cards are issued by an Australian or New Zealand-based financial institution.
4. If you are asked for details of a payment card, you must be fully entitled to use that card or account. The card or account must have sufficient funds to cover the proposed payment to us.
5. You undertake and warrant that all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing the Product from us will be correct, that the credit or debit card, or account or other payment method which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of the Product. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your payment details before providing you with the Product.
6. When you submit an Order to the Site, you agree that you do so subject to these Terms and Conditions current at the date you submit your Order. You are responsible for reviewing the latest Terms and Conditions each time you submit your Order.
7. Your Order remains valid as an offer until we issue our Confirmation of Order or, if earlier, when we receive your notice revoking your Order.
8. We shall not be obliged to supply the Product to you until we have accepted your Order. Unless expressly stating that we accept your order, an email, letter, fax or other Acknowledgement of your Order by us is purely for information purposes and does not constitute the Confirmation of Order. In that Acknowledgement, we may give you an Order reference number and details of the Product you have ordered. We may in our discretion refuse to accept an Order from you for any reason, including unavailability of supplies or we may offer you an alternative Product (in which case we may require you to re-submit your Order first).
9. A Contract shall be formed and we shall be legally bound to supply the Product to you when we accept your Order. Acceptance shall take place when we expressly accept your Order by email to you, in the form of a document called a "Confirmation of Order" stating that we are accepting your Order. Our Confirmation of Order shall be deemed to come into effect when it has been despatched by us. Without affecting your obligation to pay us earlier, we may send an invoice to you at any time after we have accepted your Order. Until the time when we accept your Order, we reserve the right to refuse to process your Order and you reserve the right to cancel your Order. If we or you have cancelled your Order before we have accepted it, then we will promptly refund any payment already made by you or your credit or debit card company to us for the order of the Product.
10. If you discover that you have made a mistake with your Order after you have submitted it to the Site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. However, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to amend your Order in accordance with your instructions.
11. We try very hard to ensure that the price given to you is accurate, but the price of your Order will need to be validated by us as part of our acceptance procedure. If the price for the Order changes before we accept your Order, we will contact you and ask you to confirm that you wish to proceed at the amended price.
12. A Contract will relate only to those Products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Confirmation of Order. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your Order until we have sent a Confirmation of Order in relation to those Products.
13. You must only submit to us or our agent or the Site information which is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of changes.
1. We aim to deliver the Product to you at the place of delivery requested by you in your Order.
2. We aim to deliver within the time indicated by us at the time of your Order (and updated in the Confirmation of Order) but we cannot promise an exact date when you submit your Order or at the Confirmation of Order. We always aim to deliver within 2 working days from the date of any Order which we accept but we cannot guarantee any firm delivery dates.
3. We shall aim to let you know if we expect that we are unable to meet our estimated delivery date, but, to the extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable to you for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, charges or expenses arising out of late delivery.
4. On delivery of the Product, you may be required to sign for delivery, unless you grant us ‘authority to leave’ pursuant to clause 5.5 below. You agree to inspect the Product for any obvious faults, defects or damage before you sign for delivery. You need to keep receipt of the delivered Product in case of future discussions with us about it.
5. You may grant us an ‘authority to leave’ when placing your Order. If you do, you understand and agree that this authority to leave gives us and/or our selected couriers permission to leave the Order in question unattended by the front door – or, where applicable, at the reception or concierge’s desk – of the delivery address without obtaining a signature confirming delivery at the delivery location. In such circumstances, you understand and agree that by granting us authority to leave, we and our couriers are released of all responsibility and liability for the Orders delivered and left unattended, and that this responsibility and liability transfer to you on delivery.
6. Please note that it might not be possible for us to deliver to some locations. If this is the case, we will inform you using the contact details that you provide to us when you make your Order and arrange for cancellation of the Order or delivery to an alternative delivery address.
7. We deliver in our standard packaging. Any special packaging requested by you is subject to additional charges.
8. Unless otherwise specified, all risk in the Product shall pass to you upon delivery, except that, where delivery is delayed due to a breach of your obligations under a Contract, risk shall pass at the date when delivery would have occurred but for your breach. From the time when risk passes to you, we will not be liable for loss or destruction of the Product.
9. You must take care when opening the Product so as not to damage it, particularly when using any sharp instruments.
10. You shall ensure that you are ready for safe receipt of the Product without undue delay and at any time reasonably specified by us.
11. If you are not available to take delivery or collection, we may leave a card giving you instructions on either re- delivery or collection from the carrier.
12. If delivery or collection is delayed through your unreasonable refusal to accept delivery or if you do not (within two weeks of our first attempt to deliver the Product to you) accept delivery or collect the Product from the carrier, then we may (without affecting any other right or remedy available to us) do either or both of the following:
1. charge you for our reasonable storage fee and other costs reasonably incurred by us; or
2. no longer make the Product available for delivery or collection and notify you that we are immediately cancelling the applicable Contract, in which case we will refund to you or your credit or debit card company as applicable any money already paid to us under the applicable Contract, less our reasonable administration charges (including for attempting to deliver and then returning the Product, and any storage fees as provided for in clause 5.11(a) above).
13. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Products are sufficient and suitable for your purposes and meet your individual requirements. We do not warrant that the Products will meet your individual requirements. You acknowledge that the Products are standard and